Apr 16, 2011

BATTERY OPERATED GAME WITH MILLENNIUM FALCON

This is another mysterious item that I don't know enough about. It's some sort of hand held game.

Photobucket

There's a clear plastic lid shaped like a spaceship that can lift up and down with the hinges on the toy. Inside is a little spaceship toy that can move around (seen towards the top).

Photobucket

Okay, now for the reason this item is here on the site. There's a few pictures of planets and spaceships in it, and guess what... One of the two crafts looks an awful lot like the Millennium Falcon!

Photobucket

The second spaceship does remind me of a TIE Intercept, but not as much as the first ship reminds me of the Falcon.

Photobucket

There's no company or date anywhere on this thing that I could find, sorry. It takes one AA battery for it to work, though mine's broken, so I can't figure out what it really does. I actually opened this thing up to try to figure out if I could fix it and to give me any clues as to what it's suppose to do...

Photobucket

The little cylindrical thingy in the center seems to be able to spin. One could assume that if someone pressed the left or right buttons the cylinder would rotate in that direction. That would most likely navigate the tiny ship around, maybe with magnets or something.

Photobucket

There's the Space Station Pocket Set line of toys that were sold at Dollar Tree stores in 1999 that feature the same Falcon and TIE knockoff art, and they also use a clamshell design. They actually come with little toys of the rip-off spaceships!

2 comments:

  1. Gret site by the way. Do you mind if i add you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, mffanrodders! You're welcome to add my site to your blogroll.

      Delete