Jun 1, 2011

HOMEMADE STAR WORLD FIGURE ATTEMPT

For a while now I've been imagining how cool it would be for a company, possibly Hasbro, to make a few 3 3/4 inch figures based off of the characters seen on the Star World figure carrying case. I'm not sure what Lucasfilm would think of the idea, but I'd love it!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Knockoff Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and C-3PO would be the first figures released, and if those sold well, then R2-D2 (packed with the robot dog), the stormtrooper/ jawas, and the space guy seen in the foreground would be made next. And of course there'd be vehicles!
Well, I couldn't imagine these being made anytime soon, so I thought it seemed like a fun project to make them myself, each a one-of-a-kind piece not to be sold, though.
On June 1st, 2011, it was time... I found some color clay I had under my bed that I figured I could make the toys out of. I wanted my brother to help me out and he wanted to, so we started our work. I really wanted to make Darth, but I didn't have any black clay. I settled on Chewbacca, who I always thought looked hilarious on the figure case. I didn't have any tan clay for his face and hands, but brown would have to do. My brother wanted to sculpt the C-3PO figure.
The minutes went by, and after a while, my brother got the idea of what 3PO was going to look like using the cheap-o clay I had, and he decided that the results weren't worth the time. Clay is really not all that easy to work with on such a small scale, but I did end up with a decent looking Chewbacca head. But, sadly, that's all.
Photobucket
His chin and mouth are a little off and his head isn't as tall, but whatever! He is what he is: a weird looking Star Wars wannabe.
Photobucket
He actually looks less like a monkey than the Power of the Force 2 Leia! Heh heh, no, not really. I remember hearing one time that the sculptor of the POTF2 Leia head said that it's difficult to sculpt a face at such a small scale, and my little craft project here further proved his statement to me.
Photobucket
I really would've liked a complete set of Star World figures, but it won't be happening anytime soon. All I have now is a creepy knockoff Wookiee head on a toothpick poked into a tinfoil 'n' tape base...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment