Jan 5, 2012

SPACE-SHIP WALL WALKING TOY

This toy line has one of the least creative names I've ever heard. It's "SPACE-SHIP". Wow. Speaking of uncreative, take a look at the toy itself.

Photobucket

Remind you of a certain Corellian freighter?

Photobucket

The card front says, "WATCH THEM RACE ON VERTICAL SURFACES! THEY RUN HORIZONTALLY TOO!" There's a sticky wheel-thingy under the toy that lets it stick onto walls, then the toy moves vertically downward by using the power of gravity. I bet it rarely hits light speed.

Photobucket

Sounds like it'd be fun to race a few of these against each other. Well, guess what! You can! There are four toys in this line, each one of them ripping-off Star Wars, lucky us.

Photobucket

There's the Millennium Falcon of course, along with a Star Destroyer ("Laser Destroyer") a Snowspeeder ("Speed Glider"), and the Slave I ("Sonic Fighter"). Collect them all! 

Photobucket

Also on the back of the card are instructions for using the toy. It describes using the "sticky roller" to race on walls. This is accompanied by some line art of a hand having a blast with the Speed Glider.

Photobucket

It cautions you not throw the toy against ceilings. Why would they even think to add that? I mean, is it okay if I throw the toy against a window or maybe a dog? And what product would someone toss at the ceiling, anyways?

Photobucket

All right, all right, who's responsible for this thing? It says it was made Everite Industries Ltd.

Photobucket

Hey, here’s an interesting fact: This collectible was the third knockoff/bootleg item I’ve bought that I asked if the dealer would throw in a Boss Nass bottle top for free, and they did! With The Falcon I received the Pepsi topper with an armless bust of my favorite Gungan.

No comments:

Post a Comment