Feb 14, 2012

ALIEN ACTION FIGURE (SW FONT)

As I mentioned in my Elite Force action figure post, I found these figures at a Dollar Tree store. I had seen these toys before but decided not to get them because the only way these relate to Star Wars is the font that "ACTION FIGURE" is written in. As time went on, though, I got to thinking that they were only a buck each so I might as well get 'em. Here's the first one, a tan alien with a menacing looking gun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next up is classic green. I actually got this one at a garage sale for 75 cents.

DSC08942

Photobucket

Photobucket

There's also a two pack in the set, but it's not what you'd expect. If you were making an action figure line based on aliens, wouldn't you think the set would be made up of aliens, astronauts, and maybe some government agents? Yeah, me too, but I guess they ran out of ideas after coming up with the stereotypical alien figure and decided to make a ninja two pack!

Photobucket

Maybe they're the government agents that take out the UFO abductees that know too much. Or better yet, maybe they're alien ninjas!

Photobucket

This figure sculpt has been used in other cheap figure sets. I've seen (non-alien) ninja sets at Dollar Tree that have these guys in transparent and non-transparent plastic. There's also "Super Wrestling" figures at dollar stores plus an additional wrestling set (that I forgot the name of) at Toys R Us, both of which had a different color scheme that made them more wrestler-looking and less ninja. The sculpt's probably been in other sets, too, and has yet to retire from the toy industry.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just like with Kenner and Hasbro, there's variations for you to collect. The armed alien also came in classic green instead of tan. The ninja two pack came with a gray ninja instead of a white one. All of the cards have the same back, though, which is blank for the most part. The only things are a barcode and these numbers/words:
109223-16750-005-1105
DISTRIBUTED BY
GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL, INC.,
CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
MADE IN CHINA

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment