May 17, 2011

WONDER WOMAN CEREAL PREMIUM POSTER WITH R2-D2 KNOCK-OFFS

What am I seeing here?? It's Wonder Woman being attacked by a throng of gold R2-D2 knock-offs! How crazy!

Photobucket

Isn't it weird seeing a well established company like DC releasing a Star Wars knock-off product? It's not like a bunch of crooks in a dusty basement printing posters in an attempt to make a buck off of that new sci-fi blockbuster. This piece really represents the cultural impact Star Wars had.

Photobucket

The person I bought this amazing poster from said she remembered fishing it out of a cereal box way back when. She originally got it for their son who was a superhero fan, but luckily for me, their son apparently no longer wanted it. It's a good thing neither one of them just threw it out!

Photobucket

My poster has been folded into a square and I've seen another copy with the same creases. Back when it shared its space with a pile of cereal, I'm guessing it was originally folded and probably placed into a plastic bag.

Photobucket

At the bottom right of the poster it says "DC COMICS INC. 1978".

Photobucket

I may have seen a Batman and a Superman poster like this one, but without any Star Wars influences. I can only imagine other posters in the set having Hawkman training with a lightsaber or Plastic Man piloting the Millennium Falcon...

1 comment:

  1. WONDER WOMAN CEREAL PREMIUM POSTER WITH R2-D2 KNOCK-OFFS

    I have this cereal box poster as well and was wondering what its value may be. I plan to sell it on E-Bay.

    ReplyDelete