Apr 12, 2011

RUBBERY PENCIL TOPPERS

My brother gave me these six green, rubbery pencil toppers for Christmas in 2010. He also gave me a funny homemade card featuring the Ramones and Donkey Kong, but that's not what this article is about...!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They vary in size, though to give you an idea about their height, Vader is 2 1/8 inches tall (about 5.5 centimeters). There's R5-D4, R2-D2, Greedo, a Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, and some random, generic robot that I don't think has any relation to Star Wars. Besides the droids, their heads seem to be based off the vintage Kenner figures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

These pencil toppers were sold in vending machines, possibly in Japan, though I'm not 100% sure about that. I do know that these came in a variety of colors, including white, yellow, orange, and of course green.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the back of the figures they all say CHINA and have this weird M. K. with a circled T logo on the back, kinda like this one I drew...

Photobucket

I love how they just slapped a gun on top of R2-D2's head. I wonder if they thought the droid wasn't action-packed enough or if they just wanted him to be a little bit taller.

No comments:

Post a Comment