Oct 2, 2012

STARBIRDS AND RAIDERS OF THE GALAXY DVDS

I found these two DVDs while wandering around a dollar store and noticed that the art within both of their slim cases have the Star Wars font and have a sci-fi theme, and giant robots always seem to catch my eye. Here's the first disc, Starbirds.

DSC08464

Recognize that robot on the cover? It's Poseidon from the die cast Shogun Warriors line by Mattel.

DSC08943

DSC08470

The other disc is Raiders of the Galaxy.

DSC08466


















The back of the box is funny, but only for one reason: the typo "conquoring".

DSC08468

My brain still hurts from trying to figure out the origin of these films. Starbirds is a movie made up of episodes of the Tosho Daimos anime series from 1978-1979, and I think Raiders of the Galaxy is an anime movie that features a lot of ripped-off material including sound effects from Star Wars.

DSC08473

Both of these DVDs were released by East West Entertainment and while there's no date on the Raiders of the Galaxy box, Starbirds is dated 2007.

DSC08471

While I do admit that these don't rank very high on the list of awesome knock-offs, I thought they were worth picking up for only a buck each. I haven't actually watched them because I kinda wanna keep them sealed, but after reading reviews about how horrible these kinds of movies are, I'll consider myself lucky for not viewing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment