Apr 23, 2011

MY COLLECTION!

Here's photos of my Star Wars collection! These photos were taken on April 20th, 2011.

Photobucket

You can see some of my knockoffs/ bootlegs here. Also, in the top right of the shelf are my prototype figures. On the left of the second-to-top shelf you can see that Boss Nass Pepsi cap topper I told you about, the one I bought from Duncan Jenkins.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a little about me as a collector: I started collecting Star Wars stuff in 2005, after Revenge of the Sith was released. I pretty much started out buying anything and everything Star Wars, but the Force was strong with me when it came to action figures and bootlegs/ knockoffs. That's what I had the most fun collecting, so I dropped all other types of SW collectibles and focused on them. And it's been a blast since... though I'm always low on room and cash.

UPDATE MAY 19, 2011

I thought it would be neat to show some of my favorite collectibles that aren't showcased elsewhere on this site. These are my "favorites" because of the amount of fun I had hunting these items down. I certainly believe that the thrill of the hunt is half of the fun! I kept a keen eye out for these pieces because at the time they were worth a bunch of money, but values have fluctuated so much that most of these guys aren't worth that much anymore.

Here's the first: POTF2 (Power of the Force 2) Darth Vader .02, holo, collection 3, SOTE (Shadows of the Empire) pose, which means Vader's lightsaber is higher in the tray and his cape flows to the left under the handle. I looked at so many Darth Vaders at toy shows and flea markets before I finally located this guy... I found him at a flea market in a box of Star Wars figures marked two for five dollars!

Photobucket

Next is my POTF2 with Freeze Frame Action Slide Captain Piett "WITH BLASTER PISTOL AND BATON" as opposed to "BLASER RIFLE AND PISTOL".

Photobucket

POTF2 Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight theater edition.

Photobucket

POTF2 with Freeze Frame Action Slide AT-ST Driver.

Photobucket

POTF2 Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker tan vest. "Innie" lightsaber on the left, "outtie" saber on the right.

Photobucket

POTF2 Boba Fett. The left figure is .01, half circles on hands, "Empire." on card's back and on the right is .00, half circles on hands, "Empire," on card's back.

Photobucket

The POTF2 Empire Strikes Back Collector Pack. Buying one of these three packs was the only way you could get a green carded Lando Calrissian in stores.

Photobucket

The exclusive Biker Scout figure (the one you got for pre-ordering the Star Wars Battlefront video game) in the cardboard counter display.

Photobucket

And last but not least are my prototypes! Jar Jar Binks with his Gungan Assault Cannon, Jabba the Hutt's head from the "Jabba the Hutt with 2-Headed Announcer" box set, Nikto Jedi Knight (his accessories are to the left of Jar Jar), two battle droids with their Armored Scout Tanks, and the Expanded Universe Speeder Bike with Rebel Speeder Bike Pilot.

Photobucket

I also get a kick out of buying (though I'm not sure I'd say I collect them) Fantastic Four comics, Japanese monster stuff (especially the original Ultraman), and video games (mostly Nintendo).

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment